When it comes to weight loss, the number of diets and the amount of information that is available on the subject are insurmountable. Not only that, much of it is contradictory, and most of it is not sustainable or just plain dangerous.
You may be seeking information online about how to lose 30 pounds, and you will more than likely find articles such as “How to lose 30 pounds in three months,” “How fast can you lose 30 pounds?”, or even “What does a 30-pound weight loss look like?”
If you have decided you want to lose weight and are wondering how long it will take to lose 30 pounds, this article will provide you with some useful information. Today, we are going to talk about how you can reach your goals for weight loss without resorting to dangerous practices. We will talk about the elements that can influence how much weight can be lost within a certain time frame and weight loss tools that can help.
What Does A 30-Pound Weight Loss Look Like?
Losing 30 pounds can look physically different and will vary by individual. If someone starts their weight loss journey at a higher weight like 300 pounds, the change may not show up as drastically as an individual who starts at a weight of around 180. People come in all shapes and sizes, and things like body composition, height, and starting weight will all play a part in the before and after results after losing 30 pounds.
This Orbera Balloon Patient Lost 30 Pounds And Reached Their Goal Of Weight Loss
Thanks to Orbera®, Andrew Lost 30 lbs and Kept the Weight Off for 5 Years
Andrew wasn't happy with himself. Andrew would look in the mirror and wonder if the day would ever come where he would feel comfortable in his own skin. Andrew believes trying ORBERA® was a changing point in his life. By his first follow-up appointment he had already lost his first 5lbs - and that was just the start. By the end of the first 6-months of his ORBERA® weight loss journey Andrew had lost 30lbs. His eating habits had changed and he felt a constant sense of accomplishment. Years ago he would just eat and eat until he felt overfull, but with the ORBERA® stomach balloon he realized that he had to change his eating habits. Between portion control and eating slowly, Andrew was able to change the way he ate. It has changed Andrew's life and he believes it can change yours too.
After Trying Conventional Methods Without Success, Orbera Helped Christine Lose 36 Pounds
The Best Help You Can Get To Lose 30 Pounds (Or More)
If you need to lose 30 pounds or more, it can be a very big challenge. In fact, it is often impossible for some people because they have underlying issues that are working against their weight loss efforts. When conventional methods are ineffective, many explore weight loss surgery options, but people who need to lose 30 pounds most likely would not meet the qualifications. Not to mention the invasive nature of a surgical procedure and the potential risks, complications, and long recovery that surgery brings with it.
Endoscopic weight loss procedures are safe and effective and can offer patients similar weight loss results. The qualifications for these endoscopic procedures are not as stringent compared to surgical options. Most individuals who have at least 30 pounds to lose and are in otherwise good health would meet the requirements for the Orbera weight loss balloon or endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty procedures. They are performed without surgery using a special medical device called an endoscope that is placed in the mouth and down the esophagus, so there are no incisions created.
Both procedures help patients control the size of the portions they consume and help them stay feeling full and satisfied longer, which leads to weight loss. When they use these helpful non-surgical weight loss tools and make significant, permanent changes to their diet and lifestyles, they are able to safely lose weight and keep it off.
What Strategies Can Help A 30-Pound Weight Loss Plan Succeed?
While losing 30 pounds or more can be tough and takes patience and perseverance, the rewards are absolutely worth it. There is more to weight loss than most people realize, and there is not a universal plan that works for everyone. What works for your friend or spouse may not be an effective strategy for you. In fact, we often hear stories of wives who are annoyed because they have gone on a diet alongside their husbands, but their results are not the same. These ladies have spent weeks counting calories and exercising and have lost 2 pounds while their husbands merely stopped drinking Coke and dropped 15 pounds during the same timeframe.
Because everyone’s body chemistry is unique to them, certain strategies may be more effective than others in promoting weight loss. For most individuals, it will take a combination of strategies that are used consistently that will be the most effective. Some of the strategies that are proven to make a difference include:
Work With A Weight Loss Professional
An obesity-trained professional can help you set healthy goals for weight loss and oversee your progress. They can also offer you resources to help alleviate some of the challenges that you face during your weight loss journey through a non-surgical weight loss procedure or prescription medication.
Watch What You Are Eating
Counting calories can be a drag but the only tried and true way to lose weight is to burn more calories than you eat every day. Making permanent changes to the types of food you are eating and upgrading your choices to healthier options will promote sustainable weight loss.
- If you have been remiss on healthy eating, avoiding foods that are considered unhealthy, like fast foods and snack foods is a great start. Stay away from processed foods (those that come frozen or in a box), as these are high in calories and offer very little nutritional value;
- Choose foods that last longer in your system so you do not get hungry as often, such as good sources of protein and foods high in fiber. The best types of foods to eat are those you prepare yourself from fresh ingredients;
- Cut out sugar, especially in beverages like soft drinks. Did you know that there are 10 teaspoons of sugar (39 grams) in one 12-ounce Coke? This is equal to 160 calories and would take 30 minutes of moderately paced walking to burn off.
Keep Your Portions In Check
Many of us are still wired to “eat everything on our plate,” and we have passed this mindset on to our children. Somehow, we feel guilty if we leave food on our plates. A few strategies to avoid overeating include the following:
- Use a smaller plate because it offers your brain the illusion that you have enough to eat;
- Serve yourself smaller portions and put the extra away so it is not easily accessible;
- Eat slowly, so you can stop when you feel full;
- Tell yourself it is okay to not clean your plate.
Perform A Status Check On Your Current Lifestyle
While eating healthy and watching your consumption of calories is a big part of the weight loss equation, there are other factors that can impede progress. Many people do not realize that there are other lifestyle factors that can often be easily adjusted that can help your dietary changes count for more. Some of the elements that can prevent weight loss include:
- Not getting enough sleep;
- Lack of proper hydration (the average man needs about 3.7 liters of fluid a day, and the average woman needs about 2.7 liters). Fluids are also obtained through some foods;
- Lack of stress management;
- Watch your intake of alcohol. It is high in calories and provides no nutrition. It can also cause you to crave snacks and unhealthy foods;
- Not enough physical activity. If you have a desk job and then come home and sit on the couch the rest of the evening, there is a good chance you are not moving around enough to burn off a significant number of calories. Even if you do not want to hit the gym, you need to incorporate physical activity into your lifestyle. Walking is one of the most effective and underrated types of physical activity. It can be done anywhere, almost everyone can do it, and it doesn’t require special equipment. If and when you are able, ramp up the amount and intensity of your physical activity and be consistent. Walking for 30 minutes a day can add up to about 2 pounds of weight loss per month. It can even be broken up into three 10-minute increments.
Benefits Of A 30 Pound Weight Loss
Losing a significant amount of weight can have multiple benefits for your health and your emotional well-being.
- Better mobility
- It can make it easier for you to move around and enjoy activities that you were unable to participate in previously, which may include more opportunities to have quality time with your kids.
- Elimination or remission of chronic disease
- Many patients have experienced relief from metabolic conditions such as type 2 diabetes, hypertension, serious sleep apnea, and more.
- Improvements in emotional health
- Losing weight can help you look and feel better in many ways. Not only can your physical health improve, but your self-esteem and confidence levels can benefit as well. There is nothing like being able to fit into your favorite pair of jeans or look in the mirror and be proud of what you have accomplished. Also, eating healthier, getting enough sleep, staying properly hydrated, and other lifestyle improvements will help balance out your endorphin levels and improve your mood and everyday outlook.
At Simmons MD Advanced Weight Loss Solutions, we can help you lose weight, reach your goals, and improve your picture of health. Whether you need a 30-pound weight loss plan or have a larger goal in mind, we are here to help you.
We understand that no two individuals are the same, and each patient needs a plan that is customized to suit their needs and circumstances. We also provide a support system to offer guidance with meal plans and physical activity to help you stay on track. Weight loss can be an overwhelming undertaking, but with the Simmons MD Advanced Weight Loss Solutions Team on your side, you will have the support and direction needed to successfully navigate your weight loss journey. Call or contact us online today to book a consultation to learn more and start your personal 30-pound weight loss success story.